Monday, December 05, 2005

05. We Are... We Are...


U listen to music. It's ur life in more than one way. U like some songs, u love some. Sometimes u simply hate and despise some compositions. They just seem like some incoherrent cacophony.

But then, once in a while u come across a few tracks that really knock on ur imagination. They make u think. They give u some food for abstract thought. And then u say that u've been influenced by them.

Something like that just happened to me this morning. I hv a considerable collection of music, primarily rock and metal. Most of the songs go unheard by me... Not so surprising as it may seem, coz when u hv such a huge collection, u just can not possibly go through all of them.

I had this particular song for a long time on my computer, but I had heard it maybe 4-5 times. Didn't pay much attention to it initially. But then this morning as I was going through the almost mechanical process of getting ready for work, this song just played. It somehow grabbed my attention. Kinda liked it...

Then I listened to it again. And again. And again. Heard it maybe 20 times before I stepped outta my house.

Came to office. Found the song here too. Kept listening to it all day. Went through the lyrics. Found the video, and watched it maybe 5 times.

I dunno what it was abt this song that took to my fancy. Maybe the music, maybe the vocals, maybe the chorus. SOMETHING abt the song was able to give me goosebumps.

The song is by this Californian band called
P.O.D
The song is called "Youth of The Nation."

Listen to it.

Think.

U might like it.

And just in case u wanna know more abt P.O.D.,
check this out.


Love, Peace n' Harmony
Sam.



© Prateek Sharma Dec 2005

No comments: